Reunification Drill Information
On Tuesday, November 26th, Arrowhead Elementary will be conducting a Reunification Drill. The purpose of this drill is to prepare students and parents in the event that an emergency was to happen at the school, would require a lock down situation, and students would need to be reunited with parents personally. Our goal during this event will be to have EVERY CHILD picked up by a parent at the designated time. We will do our best to help the process to go smoothly and in a timely manner. We believe that, with the help of our parents, this event will be extremely successful. Please refer to the following information to prepare for your role in our Reunification Drill.
When: November 26 at 1:00 pm.
Where: Arrowhead Elementary School
Parents: Please be prepared to be reunited with your child by bringing the following information with you:
- Photo ID – REQUIRED
- The reunification card that is attached to this letter, filled out completely. Each student will need a separate card. There will be extra cards at school if you forget or misplace it.
- Also, make sure your emergency information in PowerSchool is updated with your most current contact info and names/phone numbers of people who have permission to pick your child up. Pick up people must be OVER 18. If you need help updating information please call the office.
- Parents will receive an automated phone call letting them know students need to be picked up.
- Plan to park on the street, not in the parking lot in front of the school.
- With your ID and the reunification card in hand, go to the check out line at the front of the school.
- The attendants at the tables will check your ID and take your filled out reunification card.
- The reunification card will be given to a runner inside of the building who will pickup student(s) and bring them to you at the outside door exiting the library. (Look for markers identifying this location)
- Once your students have been brought to you, you will be asked to give your student’s birthday and sign the card. The reunification card will then be left with the runner.
Please keep in mind the following:
- No SCHOOL OR DAYCARE buses will be picking up this day. ALL students need to be picked up from the school.
- Students will not be released to anyone that is not a parent or is not listed in PowerSchool as an emergency contact.
- ADULTS picking up MUST HAVE photo ID. NO students will be released to older brothers or sisters unless they are on PowerSchool as an emergency contact and over 18.
- We will be trying to reunify over 600 students with their parents. It will take some time, so please be polite and patient in this process.
- Our office will close at 12:30 pm this day in order to prepare for the drill. We ask that you do not check your students out early, but participate in this process so everyone will understand how reunification works in case of a future event.
Again, we appreciate all of your support and are looking forward to a successful Reunification Drill which will prepare us all in case of an emergency. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
Mrs. Heki, Principal
Trackback from your site.