Coronavirus Information 3/13/2020
We have been notified by the Utah Department of Health and the Utah State Board of Education that all schools in Utah, including all schools in Washington County, will be dismissed beginning Monday, March 16, through Friday, March 27. This dismissal will be regularly evaluated during that time and may be extended.
As a reminder, we will be on spring break, March 16-20. We will communicate any and all urgent updates to you through our District website at washk12.org. Please look for the RED banner at the top of the website for these updates.
- In order to provide teachers with the time to prepare lessons, remote learning instruction will begin for students, in their own homes, on Wednesday, March 25. Information regarding remote teaching will be communicated to you directly from your child’s school.
- Teachers will still be in school buildings, students will be learning from home.
- All school and UHSAA sponsored activities, events, and practices are canceled throughout the duration of this dismissal.
- We are anticipating providing grab-and-go breakfasts and lunches for students. We will be communicating times for students to come to designated sites during the dismissal to receive these meals. Because Washington County School District will be on spring break March 16-20, grab-and-go meals will begin on Monday, March 23.
- In addition, kindergarten registration has been postponed until further notice.
Thank you for your support throughout this process.
Washington County School District